2 cups dry yellow pea soaked overnight
2 cinnamon sticks
1 tea bag
2 bay leaves
¼ tbs shah jeera
A pinch of hing
¼ tbs cumin seeds
4-5 medium side tomatoes blenched and chopped
2 tbs curry powder
2 green chilli
1 red chilli
Few black pepper
2 red onion chopped
3 cloves garlic
A piece of ginger 2 inch
1 cup yogurt whipped
¼ tbs turmeric powder
Thin sev to garnish
salt to taste
3 tbs oil
1) Boil or pressure cook soaked peas with cinnamon stick, bay leaves, shah jeera and 1 tea bag.
2) Grind ¼ chopped onion, 1 green chilli, red chilli, black pepper, curry powder, garlic and ginger with few spoons of water to smooth paste.
3) Heat oil in a frying pan, add cumin and pinch of hing wait for few sec till cumin seeds gets popped.
4) Add ½ of remaining chopped onion and fry till onion gets brown and add the paste and fry till oil gets separated from the paste and add chopped tomatoes and stir it and cover the lid and let it cook in low flame till the tomatoes gets soft.
5) Add turmeric powder, salt and 1 cups of water and let it boil.
6) Remove cinnamon sticks and tea bag from the boiled peas and add the peas to the frying pan and add salt and stir it properly and let it boil and then switch off the gas and keep it aside. The base of chaat is ready, now it needs to be garnished while serving.
7) While serving take few spoon of this in a plate, add 2 to 3 tbs of yogurt, topped with chopped onion, chopped tomatoes, chopped green chilli, chopped coriander leaves and sev and your pea chart is ready to serve.