Blackeye beans 1 lb frozen (thawed) Okra ½ lb chopped into small pieces Onion 2 medium chopped 1 cup pasta sauce (prefer any with herb and garlic) ½ tbs mustard seeds ½ inch ginger chopped 4-5 dry red chilli Few black pepper 1 tbs curry powder ¼ tbs turmeric powder salt to taste cooking oil
1) Blend the curry powder, black pepper, dry red chilli, chopped ginger and 3 tbs of chopped onion into a smooth paste with few spoon of water. 2) Heat 5-6 tbs of oil in a frying pan and add mustard seeds when it’s done popping add chopped onion and sprinkle a pinch of salt and fry for couple of minutes and add okra and fry for another 4-5 minutes. 3) Add masala paste, turmeric and fry it for another 4-5 minutes. Keep stirring in between to avoid it sticking to the bottom of the pan. Now add the thawed beans and stir it properly add 2 cups of hot water and let it boil.4) Add salt and paste sauce cover, stir cover the lid and let it cook for another 5-10 minutes and your okra beans curry is ready to serve with your choice of Roti or Rice.
Wheat flour 1 ½ cup Besan ¼ cup Yogurt ¾ cup Potato ¾ cup (boiled, peeled and mashed) Corn can (boiled) ½ cup Spinach chopped 1 cup ½ tbs turmeric Green chilli chopped finely 8-10 (you can adjust as per your need) 3 tbs oil for dough salt to taste 5 tbs oil
1) Make dough with what flour, besan, potato, corn, spinach, turmeric, green chilli, oil, salt and yogurt*. 2) Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces and roll each one into 8-10 inch round circle. 3) Fry these roti in a non-stick flat frying pan and add little bit of oil (**) and turn it over and let it fry from both side and add little oil. Follow the same procedure all the paratha. 4) Masala paratha is ready, you can serve it with Dahi Raita or pickle.
*You may not need all the yogurt if the spinach and potatoes and corn have more water content. **You can use ghee instead of oil.
Ingredients: 1 bunch chopped spinach 1/2 cup channa dal (soaked in water for at least half an hour) 1 large chopped onion (about 2 cups) 2 chopped tomatoes 2 small eggplants chopped(about 2 cups) 1 small carrot chopped (about ½ cup) 1 small potato chopped (about ½ cup) (optional) small amount of dill (suwa) (optional) amall amount of chopped methi (optional) 2 spoon ginger garlic paste 3-4 chopped green chillies 1 tablespoon coriander powder 1/2 tsp haldi 1 tsp whole jeera 2 tablespoons oil salt to taste
Method: Once my friend made this for a Potluck and it was so tasty that I had to ask her the recipe. When she made it she has mashed it properly, I like little bit of chana daal texture so didn’t mash it properly. I hope you will also enjoy this recipe as much as I enjoyed it. Thanks Sonia for sharing your recipe…
1) Heat oil in pressure cooker, add jeera, after a minute add onions, ginger garlic paste and green chillies. Stir onions are translucent. 2) Add all chopped vegetables(eggplant, carrot, potato), tomatoes and channa dal and mix well. 3) Add salt, haldi and coriander powder and mix well. Keep stirring for 3-4 minutes. 4) Add chopped spinach, dill and methi and stir for 3-4 minutes, then add 2 cups of water and mix well. 5) Close the lid of the pressure cooker, turn heat to high and let it cook for 3 whistles, then turn the heat to low and let it cook for 5 minutes on low heat and again turn heat tn high and cook for 3 more whistles. Turn off the heat. Wait for the cooker to cool and then open. Mix everything well using a long circular wooden ladle. Taste and adjust salt and your Saibhaji is ready to serve with your choice of Roti or Rice.
Ingredients: 3 potatoes peeled and chopped 1 medium carrot chopped 1 cup of frozen green pea and corn 1 cup of spinach 2 chopped tomatoes 1 medium size onion chopped 1 small onion chopped for masala paste A small piece of ginger 2 cloves of garlic 1 tbs red chili powder 1 tbs curry powder 1 tbs garam masala powder 1/2 tsp haldi 1 tsp whole jeera 6 tablespoons oil salt to taste
Method: 1) Grind the onion, garlic, ginger, chili and curry powder with few spoons of water to a fine paste. 2) Boil potatoes, carrot, peas and corn, spinach with salt and mash it properly and keep it aside. 3) Heat 4 tbs oil in a frying pan add jeera, after a minute add the chopped onion and fry till onion gets translucent and the masala paste, turmeric and fry till nice aroma starts to come out of this paste. 4) Microwave the chopped tomatoes to 2 minutes. 5) Add the cooked vegetables and mix it well and let it cook for about 2 minutes. 6) Add cooked tomato and stir it properly and let it cook for another 4-5 minutes and add the garam masala and rest 2 spoon of oil and switch off the gas and mix it properly. Your Pav Bhaji is ready to serve. Optionally garnish with chopped onion and coriander leaves.
1 medium potato peeled and chopped (about ½ cup) 1 medium eggplant chopped (about 1 cup) 1 medium zucchini chopped (about 1 cup) 1 medium cabbage chopped finely (about 2 ½ cups) A fist of soaked chana daal (optional) 1 chopped tomatoes 1 small onion chopped A small piece of ginger 2 cloves of garlic 3-4 dry red chillies 1 tablespoon curry powder 1/2 tsp turmeric powder 1 tsp whole cumin 3 tablespoons oil salt to taste
Method: 1) Grind the onion, garlic, ginger, chili and curry powder with few spoons of water to a fine paste. 2) Take all the chopped vegetables including tomatoes, daal and put in the pressure cooker, add salt and turmeric powder and cook till it is ready to get the whistle switch it off the gas and let it cool down. 3) Heat oil in a frying pan add cumin, after a minute add the paste and fry till nice aroma starts to come out of this paste. Add the cooked vegetables and mix it well. 4) Let it cook for 4-5 minutes and your mixed curry is ready to serve with your choice of Rice or Roti.
1 bunch of Spinach chopped 5-6 medium size Italian tomatoes chopped 2 cloves of garlic chopped 3-4 chopped green chillies 1 tablespoon mustard seeds 1/2 tsp haldi 3 tablespoons oil salt to taste
Method: 1) Heat oil in a frying pan, add mustard seeds and allow it to finish popping and then add chopped garlic and green chilli and fry it for a minute and then add chopped spinach and let it cook till the spinach gets cook. 2) Add chopped tomatoes and mix it well, add turmeric powder, salt and stir it properly cover the lid and let it cook for about 5-7 minutes or until tomatoes gets soft and well blended with spinach. 3) Open the lid and mix it properly and switch off the gas and your spinach tomato curry is ready to serve with Rice or Roti. I prefer this with Rice.
1 bunch chopped spinach ½ cup dry green pea soaked overnight 1 large chopped onion (or 2 medium) 2 chopped tomatoes 1 small (chopped) (optional) Paste of (A piece of ginger, 3 clove garlic & 3-4 green chillies ) 1 tablespoon curry powder ¼ tbs garam masala powder ¼ tsp haldi ¼ tsp whole jeera 3 tablespoons oil salt to taste
1) Pressure cook the chopped spinach, soaked pea and chopped potatoes for 1 whistle. 2) Heat oil in frying pan add jeera, after a minute add chopped onions and fry till onion gets brown and add ginger garlic paste, curry powder, turmeric and fry for about couple of minutes. 3) Add chopped tomatoes and fry for another 3-4 minutes till tomatoes gets soft and stir properly with the masala. 4) Add ½ cup of water and let it boil and then add the boiled spinach pea to it and stir it properly and add little salt and garam masala and Spinach pea is ready to serve with rice or roti.
Ingredient: ½ cup dry chana daal 1 small dudhi/lauki (2 cups, peeled and chopped) 4 tomatoes chopped 1 cinnamon stick 3-4 cloves ¼ tbs shah jeera 1 medium chopped onion 1 tbs red chilli powder 1 tbs curry powder ¼ tbs turmeric powder Salt as needed 2 tbs oil
Method: 1) Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add shah jeera, cinnamon stick, cloves and chopped onion and let the onion get translucent. 2)Add ½ cup of water and let it boil, add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, curry powder and let it boil and add about 4 cups of water and let it boil. 3) Add chopped dudhi, chana daal, chopped tomatoes and salt then close the lid and cook for 2 whistle. 4)Wait for the cooker to get cool and dudhi chana daal is ready to serve with Rice.
Ingredient: 7-8 medium size Jalapeno 7-8 tbs of Simple rice fry or rice biryani 7-8 tooth picks Pinch of salt
Method: My Friend Alecia made this recently and it was so good that I had to ask her for the recipe, as per her you can make these jalapeno stuffed with meat or potatoes too. I liked it so much that I thought you will also enjoy the same.. Thanks for sharing your recipe Alecia..
1. Clean the Jalapenos and cut top about an inch below the stem with a sharp knife and remove the seeds from both part of the chilli. 2. Stuff 1 tbs of rice biryani to each chilli carefully and close the top and put a toothpick from the top of the chilli. 3. Cover the chilli in aluminum foil and roast it in 450 for about 25-30 minutes or until the chilli is cooked. The time may differ as per the oven you are using. 4. Sprinkle some salt on top of the chillis and let it stand for few minutes before serving and your delicious Stuffed Jalapeno is ready.
Ingredient: 1 lb cauliflower cut into medium size peices Frozen pea 1 cup 3 tomatoes chopped 1 big onion chopped (preferred white) 3 green chilli chopped 1 tbs curry powder ¼ tbs cumin seeds ¼ tbs turmeric powder ½ tbs paprika powder A pinch of hing Salt as per taste 3 tbs oil
Method: 1. Micro waved the chopped tomatoes for 3 minutes and keep it aside. 2. Micro waved the cauliflower for about 5 minutes and sprinkle some salt. 3. Heat oil in a deep frying pan, add hing, cumin seeds and when done popping add chopped onion and green chilli, sprinkle some salt and fry for few minutes (till it start changing color to brown), add curry powder, turmeric, paprika and add pea and half cooked cauliflower and fry it for about 4-5 minutes. 4. Add cooked tomatoes and stir it and let it for about 3-4 minutes and add about 2-3 cups of water and let it boil and simmer in medium heat for another 3-4 minutes and Matar Gobi is ready to serve with your choice of Rice or Roti.
Ingredient: 1 cup of cut green beans 1 cup of zucchini chopped 1 cup of chopped potatoes 1 cup of chopped ridge guard (skin removed and chopped) 1 cup of tindora ( cut into 4 pieces) 1 big onion chopped (preferred white) 2 medium tomatoes (chopped and microwave for 2 minutes) 3 cloves of garlic 3 cloves of red chili ¼ tbs cumin seeds ¼ tbs turmeric powder 1 tbs curry powder Salt as per taste 3 tbs oil
Method: 1. Make a smooth paste of the garlic and red chilli. 2. Boil the vegetables with few cups of water till half cook and add salt. 3. Heat oil in a deep frying pan, add cumin seeds and when done popping add chopped onion and fry for few minutes (till it start changing color to brown) 4. Add garlic paste and fry for few sec and then add curry powder and the add the boiled vegetables, turmeric and about 1 cup of water (use the water leftover from boiling vegetable). Stir it properly and let it cook for 3-4 minutes. 5. Add micro waved tomatoes to the pan, stir it and let it cook in medium heat for another 5 minutes and your simple mix veg curry is ready to serve with your choice of Rice or Roti.
Ingredient: 1 big Eggplants 1 big white sweet onion chopped 2 green chilli chopped(optional) Coriander leaves to garnish 1 tbs olive oil (I prefer mustard oil) Salt to taste
Method: 1. Brush Eggplant with oil and poke few places with a fork and roast them. Either a)You can roast it directly on the gas burner, keep turning at regular intervals, until the skin becomes black or b) You can take the eggplant on a plate and microwave it for 10 minutes and peel the skin and mash it properly. 2. Add salt, chopped onion, green chilli, coriander and roasted eggplant and mix it properly. 3. Add oil and again mix it properly and serve with Rice or Roti.
Ingredients 2 cups dry yellow pea soaked overnight 2 cinnamon sticks 1 tea bag 2 bay leaves ¼ tbs shah jeera A pinch of hing ¼ tbs cumin seeds 4-5 medium side tomatoes blenched and chopped 2 tbs curry powder 2 green chilli 1 red chilli Few black pepper 2 red onion chopped 3 cloves garlic A piece of ginger 2 inch Coriander leaves 1 cup yogurt whipped ¼ tbs turmeric powder Thin sev to garnish salt to taste 3 tbs oil
Directions: 1) Boil or pressure cook soaked peas with cinnamon stick, bay leaves, shah jeera and 1 tea bag. 2) Grind ¼ chopped onion, 1 green chilli, red chilli, black pepper, curry powder, garlic and ginger with few spoons of water to smooth paste. 3) Heat oil in a frying pan, add cumin and pinch of hing wait for few sec till cumin seeds gets popped. 4) Add ½ of remaining chopped onion and fry till onion gets brown and add the paste and fry till oil gets separated from the paste and add chopped tomatoes and stir it and cover the lid and let it cook in low flame till the tomatoes gets soft. 5) Add turmeric powder, salt and 1 cups of water and let it boil. 6) Remove cinnamon sticks and tea bag from the boiled peas and add the peas to the frying pan and add salt and stir it properly and let it boil and then switch off the gas and keep it aside. The base of chaat is ready, now it needs to be garnished while serving. 7) While serving take few spoon of this in a plate, add 2 to 3 tbs of yogurt, topped with chopped onion, chopped tomatoes, chopped green chilli, chopped coriander leaves and sev and your pea chart is ready to serve.
First clean strawberries add chop them by removing the leaves, add milk, sugar, ice cube and blend together until straberries are well blended and whip for just a little bit so smoothie gets nice thick. Your Strawberry smoothie is ready for 2 people.
Ingredients 1 lb cabbage chopped finely3 cups wheat flour 3 green chilli chopped finely ¼ cup yogurt ½ tbs salt Olive oil (you can use ghee)
1)Take the chopped cabbage in a big bowl, add yogurt and salt and then add the flour little by little and make a nice dough for roti. ** 2)Divide the dough into lemon size balls and roll into about 6 inch size roti. 3)Heat a flat frying pan and put the roti into it, when you see bubble on the top flip it and then put few drops of olive oil on top of it and let it cook for few sec and then turn it over so that olive oil can applied to the other side. Repeat this procedure for all the roti and enjoy your crispy cabbage roti.
** You don’t need to add any water. You may need little more flour or you may not need exactly 3 cups depends on the water content in cabbage. Leave the dough for about 10 minutes.
Ingredients 1 lb white mushroom peeled and chopped 2 potatoes peeled and chopped 2 inch ginger shredded finely 3 green chilli chopped finely 2 big onion chopped 3 cloves garlic 3 cloves 2 green cardamom ¼ tbs poppy seeds 6-7 black pepper 1 red chilli ½ tbs cumin powder ½ tbs coriander powder 4 tomatoes blenched and chopped ¼ tbs turmeric powder Salt to taste 6 tbs oil
1) Take half of chopped onion, red chilli, garlic, black pepper, cloves, poppy seeds, cumin powder, coriander powder and cardamom and grind to a smooth paste with few spoons of water. 2) Heat 2 tbs of oil in a frying pan and fry the chopped ginger and green chilli for few sec and then add the sliced mushroom and fry it for about 5-7 minutes till the water evaporates. Sprinkle some salt and keep it aside. 3) Heat 1 tbs of oil in a frying pan and fry (about 5 min) the potatoes till it gets half cooked and keep it aside. 4) Heat 3 tbs of oil and put remaining onion chopped and fry in low flame till it gets nice brown color and then add the grind paste and fry till the oil separates from it. 5) Add chopped tomatoes and fry for couple of minutes and then add turmeric and add 2 ½ cup of water and let it boil. 6) Add salt and then fried chopped potatoes and let stir it and let it boil for 3-4 minutes.7) Add fried mushroom, stir it and cover the lid and let it boil for about 5 minutes or until the potatoes and mushroom gets cook properly and Aloo Mushroom is ready to serve with rice or roti.