8 small eggplants
½ lb cabbage chopped
10-12 roasted peanuts
2 dry red chilli
½ tbs turmeric powder
1 tbs curry powder
½ tbs tamarind paste
Salt as per taste
4 tbs oil
1) Cut the eggplant vertically in half until you’re about 1/4 inch from the stem. Cut again down the other half so that the eggplant is cut almost all of the way down into quarters, but still holds together well at the crown.
2) Take the eggplant in a microwave safe plate and microwave it for 4 minutes.
3) Heat 1 tbs oil in a frying pan, add dry red chili , cabbage and salt and fry it till it gets cook properly. Then add the peanuts and tamarind paste and fry it again for couple of minutes and switch off the gas and let it cool and grind it to a smooth paste without adding water .
4) Now carefully spread the eggplant quarter and stuff the paste in the eggplant.
5) Heat 3 tbs oil in another frying pan and add the eggplant one after another and sprinkle some salt and cover the lid.
6)Turn the eggplant one after another and cover the lid, add ½ cup of hot water and cover the lid and let it cook in medium heat for about 3-4 minutes or until the water evaporates and your cabbage stuffed eggplant is ready to serve hot with your choice of rice or roti.