1 ½ lb White mushroom
1 ½ cup frozen/fresh green pea
2 inch ginger (1 inch ginger shredded or cut into very small pieces)
1 medium size onions (1/3 cut into thin slices and rest chopped)
2 cloves of garlic
3 green chilli (take as per your taste)
2 medium tomatoes (chopped)
1 tbs curry powder
1 tbs meat masala
¼ tbs turmeric
¼ tbs red chilli powder
¼ tbs mustard seeds
Salt as per taste
4-5 tbs oil
This Mushroom curry is cooked in the same manner as meat curry and also taste like meat curry. This curry is enough to server about 8 people.
1) Clean the mushroom properly, peel and slice it and keep it aside.
2) Grind the chopped onion, chopped ginger, garlic, green chilli and curry powder with little water into smooth paste.
3) Grind the chopped tomatoes into a paste.
4) Heat 1 tbs of oil in a frying pan and add shredded/minced ginger pieces and when it turns golden brown add the sliced mushroom and fry it by stirring it in between, it will take about 5 minutes.
5) Add the green peas into the mushroom and fry it for another 2 minutes and then keep it aside.
6) Heat 3-4 tbs of oil in a frying pan, add mustard seeds and after it finish popping add the sliced onion and fry it till it gets golden brown, then add the masala paste and fry it in medium to low heat, keep stirring it in between to avoid this from getting burn. Keep frying for about 5 minutes.
7) Add the tomato paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and fry in low heat for about 5 minutes or till the masala gets fried properly and nice smell comes out of it.
8) Now add 3 cups of hot water into the pan and mix it properly and cover the lid and let it boil.
9) Add salt to the gravy and then add the fried mushroom and pea to the gravy, stir it and cover the lid and let it boil in high heat for about 2 minutes.10) Add meat masala to the curry and let it cook in medium heat for another 2-5 minutes and your Mushroom Curry is ready to serve with rice or roti of your choice.