Eggplant Curry with Sour Cream
1 big eggplant (peel the skin and chop: about 3 cup)
1 small onion thinly sliced
2 Jalapenos (cut thin round slice)
1/4 tbs mustard seeds
1/4 tbs turmeric powder (optional)
4 tbs sour cream
2 tbs oil
Salt as per taste
coriander leaves to garnish
This dish tastes very good with rice. This curry is enough to server about 6 people.
1) Heat 1 and 1/2 cup water in a deep frying pan, add turmeric powder and salt. Add chopped eggplant when it starts boiling. (If you don't worry about oil, you can deep fry these eggplant pieces in oil)
2) Cover the lid and let it cook till eggplant pieces gets soft (about 3 min), now take the lid out and stir it and leave it till water evaporates. Then keep this separate.
3) Take 2-3 tbs of oil in a frying pan and when it's hot put the mustard seeds, when finishes popping add the sliced onion and jalapeno and sprinkle some salt and cover the lid for about 1 minute or till the onion slices start turning brown.
4) Now add the sour cream and stir it properly and cook for about 1 min and put the boiled/fried eggplant pieces into this, stir it and if needed add some salt. Cover it and let it cook for a minute in low flame.
5) Sprinkle the coriander leaves and Eggplant curry with sour cream is ready to serve hot with rice.