1 lb mushrooms (cleaned and chopped/sliced)
1 small can (12oz) sweet green pea
1 medium size boiled potato (optional)
2 medium chopped onion (about 1/2 cup)
2 medium chopped tomato (about 1/2 cup)
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1/2 tbs red chilli powder
1/2 tbs turmeric
4-5 curry leaves
1-2 green chilli chopped
A pinch of Hing
1/2 tsp cumin
2 clove garlic
1 inch ginger piece (shredded)
1 tsp garam masala powder
4-5 tbsp oil
Salt as per taste
1. You can use chilli as per your taste, I prefer spicy so use more chillies.
2. Crush the garlic and cumin seeds if you can else just crush the garlic cloves and keep it aside.
3. Heat 3 tbs oil in a pan , add hing, add chopped onions ,little salt and fry it for a minute and when the onion is little soft add turmeric, ginger garlic paste, curry leaves, chopped green chillies, curry powder
and chopped tomatoes and cook for few min.
4. Add a glass of water and let it boil, add more salt and mushrooms and let it cook (about 5-7 minute) till mushrooms are soft and the water reduces, now add the green pea and sliced boiled potatoes and let it cook for 1-2 minutes and keep it aside.
5. Take another pan to do tadka on the Masala Mushroom. Add 1-2 tbs oil and let it heat, add crushed garlic/cumin, shredded ginger and stir for a minute add the cooked mushroom mixture and cook till the moisture evaporates and add the garam masala and it's ready to serve hot with rice or Roti of your choice.