1 big Eggplant (about 1/2 lb)
1 can green pean (12 oz)
1 medium size onion chopped
3-4 green chilli chopped(optional)
1 tbs sambar powder
1 tbs mustard seeds
1/2 tbs turmeric
a pinch of hing
2 tomatoes chopped (about 1 ans 1/2 cup)
3-4 tbs oil
1. Brush Eggplant with oil and poke few places with a fork and roast them. Either a)You can roast it directly on the gas burner, keep turning at regular intervals, until the skin becomes black or
b) You can take the eggplant on a plate and microwave it for 10 minutes and peel the skin and mash it properly.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan add hing, mustard seeds in medium heat until it finished cracking. Add chopped green chilli and chopped onions and stir over medium heat and cover the lid and leave it for a minute.
3. Add chopped tomatoes and turmeric powder and stir-fry until the oil floats on top.
4. Add mashed baingan ( eggplant) and stir-fry for 1 minute. Now draint he water from the pea and add to the eggplant and salt and sambar powder and mix it properly and cover it and let it cook for another 1 minute.
5. Serve with any roti, I prefer this with chapati (indian roti).