1 bunch spinach washed and chopped
1 cup dry masoor dal with skin
1 medium eggplant chopped (about 2 cups)
2-3 tomatoes chopped
1 medium onion finely chopped
1 jalapeno finely chopped
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
4-5 curry leaves
1/4 tbs mustard seeds
salt as per taste
3 tbs oil
1 tbs cumin seeds
2-3 dry red chilli
1 inch ginger piece
1) Pressure cook chopped spinach, masoor daal, chopped eggplants and chopped tomatoes with 3-4 cups of water in medium flame for 2 whistle, keep it aside and let it cool down.
2) Grind the ingredient listed under grind with few spoons of water coarsely, no need to smooth it.
3) Open the cooker put the paste mix it and cover the lid.
4) Heat oil in a frying pan, add mustard seeds and allow it to pop and then add chopped garlic, chopped chilli, chopped onion curry leaves and stir it and cover the lid and lower the gas for a minute.
5) Open the lid and put the gas high and stir it for few seconds and then add the boiled Spinach Daal and salt and stir it and allow it to boil.
6) You may add little water as per the consistency you need and the spinach daal is ready to serve with rice or roti.