Button mushrooms, 15, cut into 4 pieces
2 large onions, sliced
1 green chilli
2 red chilli
3 green cardamoms
1 inch cinnamon stick
6-8 black pepper
1 bay leaf
¼ tbs turmeric powder
1 tbs red chilli powder
½ cup yogurt
2 tbs coriander powder
1/2 tbs cumin powder
1 tbs garam masala (optional)
Salt as per taste
3 tbs fresh cream (optional)
¼ cup of oil
1) Heat 4-5 tbs oil in a frying pan and fry the sliced onions till it gets good brown color. Let it cool and grind with 2 red chilli and few tbs of water to a smooth paste.
2)Grind cashews with the green chilli into a fine paste using few spoon of water.
3)Heat 4-5 tbs of oil a deep frying pan, add green cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon,
black pepper and bay leaf. Add mushroom pieces and sauté it from 4-5 minutes.
4) Add chilli onion paste, cashews paste and mix it properly and fry.
5) Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and yogurt and mix properly and
cook for two to three minutes.
6) Add coriander powder, cumin powder and salt and mix it properly and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
7) Add a glass of water and stir and let it boil for about 5-7 minutes and then add fresh cream and mix it properly. Sprinkle garam masala powder and mix it and Malai Mushroom is ready to serve hot with your choice of rice or roti.