Bellpepper (Medium to large) - 4 (1 orange, 2green, 1 red)
Tomato (Large size) (appx 1/2 lb) - 3
Dry red chillies - 3/4
Mustard seeds - 1 tbs
Turmeric - 1/2 tbs
Sambar powder (prefer MTR) - 2tbs
Salt as per taste
Cooking Oil - 3 tbs
Hing (Optional) - A pinch
1. Grill the Bell pepper till soft and tender, after grilling take out the seeds and skin and chop it.
2. Cut the tomatoes into half and then make thin slices (thin slice makes it tasty).
3. Heat 2 tbs of oil in a pan and put the red chillies, mustard seeds and hing.
4. After the mustard finished cracking add the cut tomatoes mix it and cover the lid and let it cook for 2 minutes.
5. Still the tomatoes and cook till it's soft and mushy.
6. Add chopped bell papper, turmeric and salt and mix it properly and let it simmer for a while let's say for 1 minute.
7. Add the sambar powder and mix it well and let it cook for a minute in the medium flame and add the remaining 1 spoon of oil and switch off.
Serve with hot rice or Dosa or Roti.